Pancake Day the healthy way


It's so hard to eat healthily. It seems there is always an excuse for sweet treats... But as much as I try to avoid the Valentine's chocs and Easter Eggs, Pancake Day is an occasion that I can get fully on board with. Because pancakes can be healthy and nutritious!

Protein pancakes have fast become one of my favourite post-gym treats to refuel my body after a workout. I love the recipe from The Body Coach books - you simply whizz up some oats, egg, banana and whey powder in a blender, and fry in some coconut oil. Topped with some protein packed yoghurt (like Skyr or Total), berries and a drizzle of honey and you're good to go. They're absolutely delicious and don't feel/taste like 'diet food'.

Check out this infographic courtesy of Discount Supplements on Pancake Day, with some handy tips on how to turn your pancakes into a nutritious treat.

This post is written in collaboration with Discount Supplements.

CONVERSATION

Back
to top