New skincare additions for spring and summer



In an effort to spring clean my skincare routine, I had a big clear out of all those half-used, unloved products and restocked with some fresh new additions for Spring and Summer (coincidentally with a cheerful colour scheme, it seems).  

In creating a simpler, streamlined skincare routine, I decided to stick to a theme of refreshing and glow-enhancing products, and am already reaping the benefits of a carefully selected product line-up. Rather than my old mish-mash of random products competing against each other, these products work together in harmony, resulting in a healthy, bright complexion.

Pixi Glow Tonic

I know there have been endless blogger reviews of this stuff, so I was a little dubious about boring you all with yet another one, but it really is so good that it didn't feel right to not sing it's praises on my blog.

The Pixi Glow Tonic contains 5% Glycolic Acid, which gently exfoliates away dead skin cells and has not only improved my skin texture but also my complexion looks brighter and glowing. I can really see a massive difference - probably more so than with any other product before.

I've been using it twice daily for about two weeks now and already my skin is smoother than it has been in years. Initially I came out in a big spot on my forehead (all the toxins being drawn out, I guess) but it disappeared within a few days and now, the bumpy texture that had previously appeared on my forehead has gone, and my skin feels so much softer all over. Just take heed of the 'avoid eye area' warning on the label - I forgot, and it stings like a b* on the delicate skin on my eyelids!

Simple Micellar Water* 

Micellar Water is probably the best beauty invention of recent years in my opinion; removing make-up and cleansing the skin without the need to even rinse. I've tried some high-end (Embryolisse, Bioderma) and drugstore micellar waters (Garnier, B. Pure) but the best I've tried is the Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Water.

Cheaper brands that I've tried in the past have required a bit more scrubbing, or left a funny taste on my lips, but Simple lives up to the standards of Bioderma for less than a fiver. I find it sweeps make-up away with ease, and leaves my skin feeling really soothed and refreshed.

Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream

My biggest skincare concern, personally, is my dark, puffy, under-eye bags. I always look tired and my eyes often feel quite tight and heavy. My Embryolisse Radiant Eye stick had gone all gloopy and disintegrated, so I was in the market for an upgrade, and was instantly drawn to this cheery orange tube.

Clinique's Pep Start Eye Cream is a good night's sleep in a tube, thanks to it's peptide-packed formula. Stress and not getting enough sleep can threaten the skin's collagen, but the peptides work to support and maintain healthy levels of collagen to keep the eye area firm and youthful.

The oil-free cream is hydrating, smoothing and gives eyes a brighter appearance, while the ball applicator tip gently massages the eye area, draining toxins and reducing puffiness. Upon application, it's cooling, refreshing and instantly brightening, making it perfect for mornings or (as it works just as well over make-up) a mid-afternoon pick me up.

£22 from Debenhams (or buy as part of the GoGo Eyes Set to get a free mascara and eyeliner!)

The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser* 

I've reintroduced this moisturiser into my skincare line up recently, as the lightweight gel texture and fresh citrus scent makes it more suited to Spring and Summer (I used it a couple of times last September, but switched to something a bit creamier for the colder months). It drenches the skin with hydration, thanks to it's water based, vitamin C packed formula, and illuminates dull skin. It absorbs immediately and is weightless on the skin, leaving behind just a glowing, smooth complexion that's perfectly primed for make up.




Have you tried the Pixi Glow Tonic yet? What are your favourite skincare products at the moment?

CONVERSATION

5 comments:

  1. OOH I actually have that micellar water, the glow tonic and vit c cream in my daily skincare routine too! Works so well :)

    Sophie-rose.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one out of a few who's mentioned the simple micellar water recently and found it great for the price-I must check it out!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun screen is the most important and vital product required this summer to prevent my skin from the scorching heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you have got a great know-how especially though dealings with these topics. http://essentialoildiffuserjudge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent article i love such types of complex information that may help to tourists on some specific subject best massage chair material. That is way you can get a lot more traffic on your site simply.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top