5 bad beauty habits that I'm totally guilty of


As a beauty blogger, people sometimes think I must do everything by the book. But we're ALL guilty of committing beauty crimes; the lazy ones, the gross ones and the downright weird ones...

1. Biting/peeling off my nail varnish

I've started doing this quite recently and I don't know why, but there's something so satisfying when you peel off a whole nail in one go! And once I've done one, I can't stop until I've taken it all off. Then I end up with little colourful piles of nail varnish on my desk/arm of the sofa. Gross. 

2. Wearing make-up to the gym 

I don't put make-up on to go to the gym, but on the days where I go straight from work, I always end up sweating out in a full face of make up. You'd think I'd learn my lesson when I bumped into an ex with mascara down my cheeks looking like the the fifth member of KISS.

3. Neglecting my neck and décolletage 

I'm totally going to end up with a baby face and a turkey neck if I don't start remembering to include my neck and décolletage in my skincare routine!

4. Not washing my make-up brushes enough

Oh it's just such a chore, isn't it?! As if we don't have enough to do...I probably wash my brushes once a month.... Ok, once every two months. But I use mainly powder products, so it's not tooooo bad, right?

5. Forgetting heat protection all too often

To be honest, I think it's just that I haven't found a product that I like. Heat protection hair products I've tried in the past have left my hair sticky/a nasty smell/crunchy - not that that's a valid excuse. Any recommendations for a heat protection spray I'll actually want to use?

What bad beauty habits are you guilty of?

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I never use heat protection!!! Eeeeek. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely guilty of not heat protecting my hair before I style it! I also use a brush on my hair while it's still wet; oops!!

    Holly ∣ Closingwinter

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top